Proven Felony Defense Lawyer in Grand Rapids
As a former prosecutor for all types of felonies and misdemeanors, attorney Jason Jansma brings knowledge of the other side of criminal law to his defense work. This insight into the prosecutors' goals and techniques is an asset for developing the most effective possible defense strategy in each case we handle.
You probably know that any felony charge is serious, a conviction is likely to mean jail or prison time, substantial fines, and other life-changing consequences. However, is essential to learn just how serious the penalties could be in your specific case — and all your legal options. It may be critical to consult an attorney who knows the law and how the Michigan courts deal with cases like yours.
Allegations Involving Drugs, Violence, Sex or Property Crimes
Experienced lawyer Jason Jansma is equipped to assess your situation and provide informed, tenacious defense for all of your rights, whether you been charged or learned you are under investigation for offenses such as:
- Drug crimes, ranging from possession of marijuana, cocaine or pills to felony drug trafficking charges that may be tried in federal court
- Felony OWI or other serious traffic charges resulting from multiple offenses, causing death or injury, or other circumstances
- Violent crimes, including any type of assault, murder or manslaughter
- Sex offenses such as any form of criminal sexual conduct, sexual assault, possession of child pornography or other sex-related Internet crimes
- Property or financial crimes, including fraud or embezzlement in the workplace, theft or burglary, home invasion, or arson
Strengths in Investigation, Negotiation and Litigation
Our role is not to judge or lecture you, but to do everything possible to keep the impact of a felony charge on your life and family to a minimum. We will work tenaciously to gain an in-depth understanding of your situation and complete a thorough investigation.
Whether you need us to help prove your innocence, or want a lawyer with the skill and credibility to negotiate penalties you can live with, we will go the distance in that effort.
If you or a family member is facing felony charges, please contact us at 616-581-7406 to schedule a free initial consultation. We are available nights and weekends by appointment, and we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.