Smart, Resourceful OWI and Traffic Defense
In the Grand Rapids area and across Michigan, authorities take drunk driving — technically called operating while intoxicated (OWI) — very seriously. Enforcement is aggressive and penalties are severe.
If you have been charged with OWI, it may be a wise move to consult a former prosecutor now focused on defense work. Attorney Jason Jansma has dealt with all types of OWI and traffic cases, he has credibility in area courts, and he knows the prosecution's strategies and goals from experience. Call our office today to request a free consultation.
A Strong Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
Whether this is your first offense or you have previous OWI (sometimes called DWI or DUI) convictions on your record, the risk of "facing the music" without a lawyer is a big one. Consequences often include driver's license suspension, heavy fines and even jail time.
Jason Jansma works personally with every client. Your case will not be passed off to an assistant. We are well equipped to:
- Represent you on a "basic" first offense, a repeat offense or a felony charge
- Represent your minor child charged with OUI or traffic violations
- Evaluate all details of the case, from the traffic stop to field, blood and breath tests, looking for ways to obtain a dismissal or reduced charges
- Negotiate to minimize penalties if the prosecution's case is strong
- Help you get counseling or treatment if you choose, and make certain the prosecutor considers this effort
- Submit a hardship appeal that may let you drive to work, guide you through driver's license restoration, or defend your commercial driver's license (CDL)
Knowledge and Versatility to Handle Any Traffic Matter
We know that accumulated traffic "points" or one major traffic violation can be a serious problem for you. We work hard to avoid conviction or negotiate reduced charges and penalties, depending on your needs and the details of your case.
In addition to OUI, we can defend you against charges such as:
- Driving without insurance
- Traffic tickets and speeding tickets
- Reckless driving
- CDL offenses
- Driving on a suspended or revoked license
- Minors in possession of alcohol (MIP)
Waiting and worrying gets you nowhere. Schedule your free consultation today. Mr. Jansma takes evening and weekend appointments, and we accept credit card payments for our services.