Skilled Drug Crime Defense in the Grand Rapids Area
Attorney Jason L. Jansma handled a wide range of drug cases during his tenure as an assistant prosecutor in Ogemaw County, Michigan. Today he applies the valuable knowledge gained during that time to defending people in both state and federal court. Please contact us today for a free consultation to explore what a proven defense lawyer may be able to accomplish for you.
The Experienced Defense You Need when Facing Serious Charges
Under current laws, there is really no such thing as a "minor" drug crime. In addition to possible jail time and substantial fines, even a conviction for marijuana possession or use carries a six-month driver's license suspension. Possession of a modest quantity of other substances, such as cocaine, methamphetamine or prescription drugs like OxyContin or Vicodin, can land you in prison and limit your life options severely. All federal drug charges carry mandatory prison sentences.
Possession, Sale or other Drug Crimes: We Protect Your Rights
If you or someone you care about is facing charges of drug possession, sale, delivery, cultivation or manufacture, skilled legal representation may be essential. Experience at the law office of Jason L. Jansma P.L.C. extends to cases involving:
- All types of felony and misdemeanor drug offenses, ranging from possession and use to cultivation, manufacturing and trafficking
- A full range of controlled substances, including marijuana, powder and crack cocaine, meth, Ecstasy, and prescription medications
- Federal trafficking cases involving interstate commerce and weapons possession
Turn to a Proven Trial Attorney and Skilled, Credible Negotiator
We deal with each case in full view of your personal background and priorities, the circumstances of the arrest, and other important factors. In addition to the ability to challenge an illegal search and take your case to trial, we have had success seeking:
- Deferment of sentencing if you have no prior history of drug involvement
- Alternative sentencing that may include completing a treatment program, performing community service, probation and other conditions for avoiding jail
Call 616-233-9162 for a Free Consultation
When charged with a drug crime, waiting too long to talk with a lawyer is a huge risk that can cost you dearly. We make it easy to learn your options, and Mr. Jansma will be responsive to your needs. If you need immediate counsel or an evening or weekend appointment, let us know.