Grand Rapids, Michigan, Child Custody Attorney
Decisions on child custody and visitation are some of the hardest ones divorcing or separating parents must make. The plan you and the other parent put in place today can impact your children's future in very important ways. A caring, knowledgeable attorney can explain the law, protect your rights and help you gain clarity on the best way to proceed.
Your child's best interests will be the deciding factor in any court decision, and should be the priority for both the mother and father as well. However, we understand that anger and other emotions often lead to difficult disputes over child custody and visitation. To work with a lawyer who will present the strongest possible case for the outcome you believe is best, please contact us today and request a free initial consultation.
Protecting Your Child's Future and Your Parental Rights
You know each other and you know your child. This is one reason why experienced attorney Jason Jansma advocates for the out-of-court negotiation of child custody agreements and other divorce issues whenever possible. If the case goes to court, custody and visitation decisions will be left up to a judge, interpreting evidence provided according to a 12-Factor Test.
Mr. Jansma will work closely with you and help you understand key issues, including:
- Options and obligations associated with physical and legal custody
- The importance of drafting a comprehensive parenting plan with a clear visitation schedule for the non-custodial parent
- All the steps and challenges that may be involved if your child custody dispute goes all the way to court
- Your likelihood of success in pursuing a specific custody and visitation arrangement
Counsel and Action for Your Post-Divorce Needs
At the law office of Jason L. Jansma P.L.C., we also provide honest, compassionate counsel and representation for mothers and fathers seeking:
- Post-judgment modification of custody and visitation orders
- Enforcement of orders governing custody or visitation rights, which may involve filing contempt actions
Contact us at 616-233-9162 for more information or to schedule a meeting at our conveniently located Grand Rapids office. For your convenience, we offer evening and weekend appointments and accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.