OWI (Operating While Intoxicated) Lawyer In Michigan
In the Grand Rapids area and across Michigan, authorities take drunk driving — which is technically called operating while intoxicated (OWI) — very seriously. Enforcement is aggressive and penalties are severe.
If you have been charged with OWI, it may be a wise move to consult a former prosecutor now focused on defense work. Attorney Jason Jansma has dealt with all types of OWI and traffic cases, he has credibility in area courts, and he knows the prosecution's strategies and goals from experience. Call our office today to request a free consultation.
A Strong Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
Whether this is your first offense or you have previous OWI (sometimes called DWI or DUI in other states) convictions on your record, the risk of "facing the music" without a lawyer is a big one. Consequences often include driver's license suspension, heavy fines and even jail time.
Jason Jansma works personally with every client to create unique and effective defenses. Your case will not be passed off to an assistant. We are well equipped to:
- Guide you through driver's license restoration, submit a hardship appeal that may let you drive to work, or defend your commercial driver's license (CDL)
- Represent you on a "basic" first offense, a repeat offense or a felony charge
- Represent your minor child charged with OUI or traffic violations
- Evaluate all details of the case, from the traffic stop to field, blood and breath tests, looking for ways to obtain a dismissal or reduced charges
- Negotiate with the prosecution to minimize penalties their case is strong
- Help you get counseling or treatment if you choose, and make certain the prosecutor considers this effort
Waiting and worrying gets you nowhere. Schedule your free consultation today to learn how we can help you fight your drunk driving charges. Mr. Jansma takes evening and weekend appointments, and we accept credit card payments for our services.